Sunday, May 20, 2012

Best Day of 2012

Happy 26th Birthday to ME!
The best day of the year has arrived...
full of French inspiration
Sunday, May 20th

It began with an amazing and relaxing morning of crepes and coffee with baileys with my man as we prepare for what is to come.

At noon we showed up at Union Station for an event called Savor Nashville. It is an annual tasting of food by chefs from restaurants around the city, the catch is that it has to use Tennessee made product (Jack Daniels, GooGoo Clusters and something else). We voted for our favorite... the brisket was definitely at the top of the list and it turns out that it was the winner! A close second was the bacon ice cream... nothing we have ever had.
At the event they had a complimentary bloody mary and a sample shot of Jack Daniels Honey Whiskey...

Although fun the event was not as filling as we thought it would be so we stopped at Margot Cafe. The poached egg with marinara and the asparagus omlet were delectible and the french day continued.
Before dinner we stopped at the parents house who kept with the theme of the day. Made from scratch a french cake and had a bottle of wine (which I didn't spill on my white dress), porcelain tea pot, and truffle tea all set up. We played some games and enjoyed the company.
As for dinner it was fancy french at Miel!
This was long awaited because their menu looked great...
and they try to use mostly local products.
For an appetizer we had escargot and steak tartare, then for dinner I chose the antelope while Micah had Rabbit Gnocchi. We are definitely wanna be foodies so this was a fantastic selection to add to our repertoire.
During dinner I received a surprise! It is perfect for me... If you know me then you know that I am super picky and I don't know how he picked out jewelry but I was very impressed.
Another very successful birthday! Can't wait for next year... I'm getting old.



 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment